Wednesday, 15th August 2012
This year’s Iverk Show takes place on Saturday 25th August at the Show Grounds in Piltown. It is promising to be another great day and the long range forecast says the weather is on the pick up. So hopefully Iverk will live up to its good record weather-wise, that it is a fine sunny day.
On the go since 1826, the Show has come a long way and is now a must for thousands each year. The Committee have really built the Show up to its current rating of one of the Top 4 Shows in Ireland.
There is something for everyone at the Show and with free parking available adjacent to the Show Grounds and a network of roads in the Show area, moving through the Show is an easy task. Admission is kept at a reasonable level and all children are free.
The Most Appropriately Dressed Lady takes place in the first field and the main Sponsors here are Mary McEvoy, A Slice of Heaven and Niamh & Anne-Marie Power of The Jewellery Room The Plaza and Family/Garden Area is well worth a visit with some new attractions in these areas plus the Music Centre for entertainment throughout the day.
The Iverk Food Hall and Small Industries Section are now a major part of the Show as are all the Trade Stands throughout the Grounds. There is some extra Trade Space available this year but the advice is ‘Book early’ or you won’t get a space.
Plenty of entertainment for Children and KCLR will be on the Grounds all day.
This year’s Show will be opened by Liam Aylward MEP and Liam will have an update on the current progress of the SFP and other farming topics.
So Piltown is the place to be on Saturday 25th August. All information including the Prize List and Recipes are available on our website http://www.iverkshow.com any other queries to Sara Conlon at 051-644621, all other phone numbers are available on our website. Also online entries for Horses & Ponies are now available just go to our website and follow the link.
Late Entries accepted.
- Redmills Mini Grand Prix - €2,000
- All Ireland Broodmare & Foal Championship, Sponsor: Tennyson Grass Machinery - €2,000
- Dairy Cow Senior, Sponsor: Pricewaterhousecoopers - €1,200
- Junior Cow, Sponsor: MSD Ireland (Ballydine) - €1,200
- Maid of Glanbia Dairy Heifer - €1,500
- Commercial Beef Heifer, Sponsor: Dawn Meats - €1,500
- Commercial Beef Bullock, Sponsor: ABP, Ferrybank - €1,800
- Iverk Champion 2012, Sponsor: Bank of Ireland - €500
- Charolais Classes, Sponsor: Allied Irish Bank - €450
- Pedigree Beef Champion, Sponsor: Ulster Bank - €350
- Arts & Crafts, Munster Express Trophy plus €200
- Most Appropriately Dressed Lady - €500
- The Cherry Cake Competition, Sponsored by: Iverk Produce €650
- Poultry Classes; Dog Show; Sheep Classes; Jams & Cakes; Fruit, Honey, Eggs, Flowers & Vegetables Classes; Fashion Show; Bonny Baby Show; Large Food Marquee; Industries Marquee; Plaza incorporating Garden, Musical & Family Entertainment
- 200 Trade Stands
Letters to the Editor
- Editorialread more »
Google AlertWhen a company which has it's European Headquarters here in Ireland is called 'evil' and 'immoral' by M.P.s in The House of Commons you tend to sit up and take notice. The particular company that was being referred to was Google and the reason it had enraged M.P.s in London was because even though it has a big operation there and conducts a lot of business there it pays no corporate tax. It does this by having all of its financial transactions finished here in Ireland. And the company here is …
We're delighted to announce the launch of the new-look Waterford Today website. Tell us what you think of the new site design?
Total votes: 44 Refresh results